1. Getting Started
Ultra Config Generator is an enterprise-grade software application for multi-vendor network automation. It is the worlds most powerful Network Configuration Generator.
Why should we care about network automation?
Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are digitizing their processes all around the world. Digitization is critical for organizations to reduce operational expenditure and take user experiences to unparalleled levels. And in any digital transformation, automation is the key.
What is the problem with manual processes?
If you're part of the telecommunications industry, you'll have noticed an abundant use of rudimentary text editors for managing snippets of network configuration.
The business impacts of such poor practices are not hard to notice.
- Network Performance Issues - Human error regularly leads to network outages and ongoing delays.
- Excessive Operational Expenditure - Repetitive network changes and activations create unnecessary operating expenses.
- Inefficient Processes - Manual configuration management will never harvest the benefits of an automated solution.
How did we solve these issues?
Ultra Config Generator solves these issues with three key features.
- Vendor Agnostic - A limited set of configuration templates is not good enough - every business should have full control over the configuration they wish to generate. UCG empowers the user to design custom "Jinja2" templates in a graphical user interface. Templates are vendor-neutral and no programming experience is required.
- Advanced Business Logic - A critical requirement for successful digitization is the ability to accommodate all business requirements and edge cases. The product achieves this goal through the inclusion of a powerful business rule engine.
- Automatability - UCG includes two methods for generating configuration. The first is through the UCG portal and the second is through a REST API. This allows enterprises to fully digitize their configuration processes through integration with other IT systems - these could include Orchestrators, Policy Managers, CRM platforms, and much more.
Throughout the documentation, Ultra Config Generator is abbreviated to UCG.
1.2 Accessing the Portal
The application is hosted on the World Wide Web and is accessible through any modern browser.
Users can sign up for a free account at the link below.
Once that's done, the portal is accessible at:
Users may then proceed to log in to the application.
1.3 Navigating the Portal
The UCG portal contains four primary workspaces - each of which we'll now introduce.
The Generator Console is the area of the application that allows a user to generate configuration. A user can do so in two steps.
- Activate configuration templates in the sidebar of the console.
- Provide input data for the chosen templates.
Configuration will then be generated, which can be selected as a snippet or downloaded as a file.
For detailed information on the Generator Console, click here.
The Developer Console is the home page for template management. From here, users can organize and interact with their templates.
For detailed information on the Developer Console, click here.
Templates are designed and modified within the Template Editor. A template is characterized by input variables, business rules, and configuration markup.
For detailed information on the Template Editor, click here.
The Administrator Console is, as the name suggests, the workspace for all administration related tasks. Within this workspace, admins can manage users of the application, perform data backups, and read application metadata.
For detailed information on the Administrator Console, click here.
1.4 Accessing the API
UCG includes a REST API to enable automation. The API is comprehensive - it offers the full application experience.
For more information on the API, click here.